Keep Hawai’i in your heart! Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and explore with us via our posts and news feed. We will post beautiful and uplifting photos of Oahu for you to see and share.
Imperial Hawaii Resort — COVID-19 Updates
JUNE 1, 2020 : New Inter-Island Travel Announcement
Inter-Island travel opening, Out-of-State Quarantine still in effect
In a big step toward fully reopening the state, the governor announced the mandatory, 14-day quarantine for inter-island travelers will be lifted June 16. Read full article HERE
*The 14-day mandatory quarantine for travelers arriving from out-of-state is still in effect through June 30th and Gov. Ige has indicated it may be extended further. A specific date of when the quarantine would be lifted has not been set.
May 18, 2020: Gov. Ige extends 14-day quarantine through June 30
Governor David Ige extended the 14-day mandatory quarantine for travelers arriving in the State of Hawai‘i, including inter-island travelers, through June 30. This means any guest that flies into the island must quarantine inside their hotel room (or residence) for 14 days or the duration of their stay, whichever is shorter. The governor also unveiled the re-opening and recovery plan for the state to ‘jumpstart the economy and recover from the COVID-19 crisis.’ According to the plan, medium-risk businesses and operations will re-open beginning in June – assuming the state’s COVID-19 activity remains manageable. High-risk businesses and operations will eventually follow, as long as Hawai‘i’s disease activity continues to remain manageable. Honolulu retail stores and beaches were opened to local residents on May 15 & 16 and restaurants open June 5th.
Read the full article HERE
Aloha to our Valued Owners & Guests,
The Imperial Hawaii Resort is your home away from home, and our mission statement reflects our core values: We are committed to providing a high-quality vacation experience, and our goal is to treat all Vacation Club Owners and hotel guests with the true kamaʻaina spirit of hoʻokipa: courtesy, respect and hospitality. This guides us as we face the challenge of responding to COVID-19.
Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been adversely affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate the healthcare workers, our local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain this virus. Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have response plans in place to ensure a healthy stay at our resort.
The Imperial Hawaii Resort continues to operate, and you should have confidence when you book a future stay at our resort, as we are doing everything we can to provide you with accommodations suited to your travel opportunities. We are closely following the guidance of the Department of Health (Hawaii), World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the latest developments related to COVID-19. We are reinforcing these agencies’ recommendations on the appropriate health and safety measures with our own First Response Teams here at the resort. We have elevated our response to our guests as well as our staff on the importance of awareness and self-hygiene. We have also increased our inventory of cleaning products, as well as the frequency and efficiency of our cleaning procedures in our guest rooms and public areas. Our resort’s health and safety measures are designed to address the spread of viruses and other blood-borne pathogens including COVID-19, and cover everything from hand-washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
In addition to the high cleanliness standards already in place, to combat the spread of COVID-19, we have taken additional precautionary measures:
- Staff training and awareness of increased hand-washing and work area disinfecting practices
- Using disinfectant products pre-approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency for use against COVID-19 virus for surface area cleaning and for use in our laundry facility
- Increasing frequency of public area cleaning with EPA-registered disinfectant and focusing on high-traffic, touch point sanitization
- All guests and employees will be required to wear a face mask or covering in public areas including lobby, elevators and hallways
- Hand sanitizer will be available in public areas where there is no sink available
- Social distancing protocols, signage and direction from staff in our lobby and public areas
- In guestrooms, the cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been updated and pay additional attention to high-touch areas with EPA-registered disinfectant
- Trash, dirty linens to be collected by the door without contact
- Clean linen and amenities to be packaged and delivered by the door
- Guests will be asked to leave the room if there is a significant maintenance work order or a specific cleaning request that needs to be taken care of immediately
We want you to know the safety of our guests and on-site staff is our top priority. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for putting your trust at the Imperial Hawaii Resort as you plan for future travels here to Hawaii. We can’t wait to see you again and welcome you home!
Look forward to future trips to Oahu! Think about the sun, fun and those beautiful Tradewind Breezes you feel while sitting on the lanai of the Owners’ Lounge and looking out over the ocean.
Our most important wish is for you to be safe and healthy. Kākou is the Hawaiian value of inclusiveness. It means “all of us” and “we are in this together.”
Wishing you health and happiness from our ʻOhana to yours,
The Imperial Hawaii Resort Management Team & Staff